My name is Angela and I'm the artist behind the images of Angela Smith Photography. I'm a wife, mother of two young children, and lover of all things photography.

I am located in Sherwood, Oregon and service the greater Portland Metro area. While I enjoy photographing subjects of all kinds, I have found that my passion lies in capturing life's most treasured moments - the miracle of a newborn, the confidence of a high school senior, a young couple in love, and a bride's tears of joy on her wedding day.

I want to thank you for visiting my blog. Please kick your feet up, grab a cup of coffee, and share my passion with me!

Tuesday, March 15

Aslyn Ryan : Personal

I was the first. Well, besides the doctors, nurses, her mom and her dad... I was the first to hold her. Even before the grandparents. Sometimes, it really pays to be a photographer...

With the birth of my brother's first child, we knew they were having a boy, and I was invited in to photograph the birth. It was an amazing experience. Upon finding out they were expecting number two, they decided to switch things up. Not only did they decide to have a private delivery, they also decided not to find out the gender. Even though I begged. And pleaded.

The baby's due date came and went, and I {im}patiently waited. And waited. Nine days after her due date, my sister in law went into labor. I packed up my gear and headed to the hospital, eager to meet my new niece or nephew. At 6:39 pm, Aslyn Ryan was born. Shortly after, I was welcomed into the delivery room, where the secret of her gender was revealed to me.

I was honored to document her big brother meeting her for the very first time.

IMG_6692bw

IMG_6697

IMG_6706bw-copy

IMG_6707

After we had taken some photos (and I had a chance to hold her) the grandparents came in. This is my mom holding her granddaughter for the very first time.

IMG_6710

IMG_6746

IMG_6750

IMG_6756bw

IMG_6783bw

IMG_6784

IMG_6808

IMG_6818bw

IMG_6826

IMG_6842

IMG_6854bw

IMG_6865bw

My brother holding his son - this is my absolute favorite photo from the hospital that night.

IMG_6874bw

To see more images and view the slideshow, click here.

0 comments: